Friday, October 14, 2011

[CE] Rainbow Warrior III

So as I am trying to spread the word of the protest that Brandon Ng is holding on Wednesday (Im assisting) I came across a GreenPeace video. While the goals are not common, the organization is what where we are sending the results of next Wednesdays protest.



The Rainbow Warrior III. Quite the name.. hard to not think of a couple mean things to say about it...

GreenPeace is somewhat known to be a bit radical and act in extreme ways, some of you may have seen or heard of the show Whale Wars. To get a result you have to put in a effort of just as much value. The fact that they were attacked after poking around a nuclear testing site shows that GreenPeace will not shy away from any problem that is potentially disastrous towards our home, Earth.

My own personality would probably be a lot of notches more conservative than the actions used by the organization. I'd prefer the spoiled treatment of not risking my life, yet I want to see major changes in the way we collectively treat our planet. Now these changes require a not so timid approach. While my I am naturally more timid, I do want to do something to make a difference. Hence the protest Wednesday.

I'm finding it hard to find the legality of the radical measures taken by certain members of GreenPeace. I think that many of the people the ships like the Rainbow Warrior III are provoking have permits or have other legal documents saying that they are allowed to be there, form their respective governments. So I'm a bit uneasy as to them attacking people who feel like they took the proper legal steps in their activities.

But I also can see what the people aboard the Rainbow Warrior III are thinking. That we are all guests on this planet, and their are unwritten rules on how one should behave towards their host. To respect and care for our host is something that should be of significant importance. And no human should disregard our planet, in a fashion as we are now.

I'm a bit torn on argument I hold more merit towards. I do love the planet, but Im also in favor of more... peaceful measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment